RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP / OPERATIONS / FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Responsibility for the development and execution of Eugene Opera’s strategic plans, and clear communication of those plans from the staff, board, and public points of view.
- Oversee the Eugene Opera administrative staff and coordinate day-to-day operations.
- Partner with and advise the Artistic Director on the creation of future seasons, including the full financial implications of the execution of those seasons.
- Work closely with the Artistic Director in executing successful negotiations for all collective bargaining agreements.
- Serve as the primary representative of Eugene Opera to stakeholders when the Artistic Director is not in Eugene.
- Meet weekly (or more as needed) with the Artistic Director to manage current and future plans.
- Create and execute contracts for all legal and financial commitments of Eugene Opera, which include but are not limited to operational leases, co-production agreements, rental agreements, and employment contracts.
- Oversee the risk management policies of Eugene Opera and lead the renewal of all annual liability insurance policies.
- Oversee the maintenance and archival of all contract and finance-related documents.
- Oversee the creation of monthly budget reports and cash flow projections.
- Supervise, in collaboration with the Artistic Director and the Production Director, the annual company calendar, including production, board, and education and outreach events.
- Coordinate all marketing efforts, including print and visual media, social media, and website maintenance.
- Maintain relationships and communication with key community leaders in the arts, business, and government.
- Cultivate relationships and communicate regularly with the major cultural institutions in Eugene to coordinate future planning.
- Work closely with the Artistic Director in the creation of artistic relationships with other opera companies in the collaboration of new productions and commissions, as possible.
- Manage relationship with the Hult Center for the Performing Arts.
DEVELOPMENT / INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT
- Meet or exceed financial targets through management and cultivation of current and new donor relationships.
- Create and execute strategies for maintaining and increasing financial support from donors, through regular correspondence and face-to-face contact.
- Create and execute strategies for attracting new development targets.
- Coordinate and foster involvement of the Board in donor relations and other Development activities.
- In collaboration with Board Development Committee and Artistic Director, plan and manage fund-raising events.
- Oversee the maintenance of up-to-date donor records, as well as ongoing communications with current donors and prospects.
- Coordinate the donor acknowledgement process, including mailings and all other forms of donor contact.
- In collaboration with the Board Grants Committee, research foundation and government grant opportunities, and coordinate the grants submission calendar.
AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT / EDUCATION
- Create strategies to cultivate new audiences in Eugene and Springfield.
- Create strategies to cultivate new audiences and performance opportunities in Lane and Lynn counties.
- Work closely with the Artistic Director and the Eugene Opera Education Committee to manage the current and prospective educational activities.
- Coordinate with the Education Committee and the Artistic Director on the participation of the Artistic Director and other artists in planned educational outreach activities.
- Expand Eugene Opera’s relationships with local universities, as an educational resource and artistic partner.
- Attend monthly board meetings to present the Executive Director’s report.
- Assist the Board nominating committee on identifying new Board prospects, as necessary.
- Work with the Board President to create agenda items for the monthly board meeting, as necessary.
- Maintain regular communication with the Executive and Development committees on the current and future projected financial status of the company.